Please read the following carefully
If you are interested in commissioning a custom piece from McKenzie please read this information below as well as the custom guidelines
page to see if something one of a kind is right for you!
We ask that you know what to expect and that you are absolutely ready to proceed before reaching out about a custom piece. Designing these pieces takes a lot of time.
To get started on a custom piece, McKenzie needs to know just a little more about what you are wanting to have created.
Don’t worry about knowing exactly what you want the design to look like, She is here to help with that.
The first design phase will consist of 4 pieces for you from information you have provided. After this, up to three design revisions may happen to make sure you will be getting a piece you love.
Please be aware that customs start at $350. Before McKenzie begins designing she will take 10% of the expected total cost of the piece. Once a design is chosen 50% is taken before production of the piece begins.
Here is a list of things McKenzie likes to know about before she begins:
- What you would like to wear. A necklace, ring, bracelet, earrings, brooch…
- Some images or descriptions of styles you like. If you provide images, what details in each piece are you attracted to?
- An image of any stones or old jewelry you want to use for the piece that you have on hand with scale references. Or any stones that you would like to add to the piece that I will need to seek out for you.
- What metals you like. Gold, silver, textured metals, brushed metals, shiny, etc.
- Your overall maximum budget for the project. This will help determine what materials can be used.
- Your timeline. This will be crucial in how fast we will need to work together to get the project done.
If you live in Central Oregon, please set up an appointment to meet with McKenzie at her studio. In person meetings are preferred.
Due to the high volume of custom inquiries, a first come first serve basis is set. Normally 3 to 4 months from finished design to completed piece is required.